Dr John Davis
BA, PhD, FBA
Honorary Fellow since 2008
- Honorary Fellow, All Souls College (from 2008)
- The Warden, All Souls College (from 1995 to 2008)
- Professor of Social Anthropology, University of Oxford and Fellow, All Souls College (from 1990 to 1995)
- Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Reader and finally Professor of Social Anthropology, University of Kent (from 1966 to 1990)
- Postgraduate, London School of Economics (from 1961 to 1969)
- Undergraduate, University College, Oxford (from 1958 to 1961)
- Social and economic anthropology
- (with Scott Mandelbrote) The Warden's Punishment Book of All Souls College, Oxford, 1601-1850, Oxford Historical Society New Series, 45 (Oxford: Boydell Press, 2013).
- Exchange (Buckingham: Open University Press, 1992).
- Libyan Politics: Tribe and Revolution (London: Tauris, 1987).
- People of the Mediterranean (London: Routledge, 1977).
- Land and Family in Pisticci (London: Athlone Press, 1973).
Other professional memberships and roles
- President, Royal Anthropological Institute (from 1997 to 2001)
- Chairman, European Association of Social Anthropologists (from 1993 to 1994)