Professor Tony Honoré
QC, BCL, DCL, LLD (Hon), FBA
30 March 1921 - 26 February 2019
- Honorary Fellow, New College, Oxford (from 2008 to 2019)
- Honorary Fellow, All Souls College (from 2008 to 2019)
- Emeritus Fellow, All Souls College (from 1989 to 2008)
- Regius Professor of Civil Law, University of Oxford and Fellow of All Souls (from 1971 to 1989)
- Fellow, New College, Oxford (from 1964 to 1970)
- Fellow, The Queen’s College, Oxford (from 1949 to 1964)
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate, New College (Rhodes Scholar, 1949), Oxford (from 1940 to 1949)
- Problems of responsibility that arise out of his work with H.L.A. Hart on Causation
- Roman Law
- Responsibility and Fault (Portland, OR: Hart Publishing, 1999).
- Law in the Crisis of Empire (New York: Oxford University Press, 1998).
- About Law: An Introduction (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1995).
- Ulpian (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1982; 2nd edn, New York: Oxford University Press, 2002).
- The Quest for Security: Employees, Tenants, Wives (London: Stevens, 1982).
- Emperors and Lawyers (London: Duckworth, 1981; 2nd edn., Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1994).
- (with J. Menner), Concordance to the Digest Jurists (Oxford: OMP, 1980).
- Sex Law (London: Duckworth, 1978).
- Tribonian (London: Duckworth, 1978).
- The South African Law of Trusts (Cape Town: Juta, 1965; 5th edn. 2002).
- Gaius (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1962).
- (with H.L.A. Hart), Causation in the Law (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959; 2nd edn. 1985).
Other professional memberships and roles
- Member, International Academy of Comparative Law (1994)
- Member, Accademia Costantiniana (1994)
Research awards and grants
- Honorary Citizen, San Ginesio, Italy (2004).
- Honorary Fellow, Harris Manchester College (2000).