Professor Cecilia Trifogli
MA, PhD, FBA
University Academic Fellow since 1999
University Lecturer (and now Titular Professor) in Medieval Philosophy
In the Spring 2015 I have completed (in collaboration with Silvia Donati and Jennifer Ashworth) the edition of the Questions on Aristotle’s Physics by the 13th-century English philosopher Geoffrey of Aspall (Latin text and English translation), which will be published in the British Academy Series Auctores Britannici. I am now editing (together with Aurélien Robert) a volume on space and time in the Middle Ages.
- University Academic Fellow, All Souls College (from 1999)
- Postgraduate, University of Milan (from 1996 to 2000)
- Undergraduate Programmes, University of Pisa (from 1986 to 1995)
- Undergraduate Programmes, University of Pisa (from 1980 to 1986)
- Reception of Aristotle’s philosophy in the Middle Ages
- Natural philosophy, metaphysics, epistemology in the Middle Ages
- Ed., with L. O. Nielsen, Thomas Wylton, On the Intellectual Soul, English translation by G. Trimble, Auctores britannici Medii Aevi XIX, Published for the British Academy by Oxford University Press 2010.
- 'Giles of Rome against Thomas Aquinas on the Subject of Thinking and the Status of the Human Soul', in Documenti e studi sulla tradizione filosofica medievale 23 (2012), pages 221-244.
- 'Motion and Time', A companion to Walter Burley, ed. A. Conti (Leiden-Boston: Brill, 2013) pages 267-299.
- 'Guido Terreni on the Final Cause', Guido Terreni, O. Carm. (+1342), Studies and Texts, ed. A. Fidora (Barcelona-Madrid 2015) pages 71-82, 307-324.
Other professional memberships and roles
- Member of the British Academy Medieval Texts Editorial Committee, Chairman (since 2008) (from 2000)