Sir Raymond Carr
MA, DLitt, FBA, FRHistS, FRSL
11 April 1919 - 19 April 2015
- Honorary Fellow, St Antony’s College
- Director and Professor (1967–8), Latin American Centre, University of Oxford and Fellow (to 1968), then Warden, St Antony’s College, Oxford (from 1964 to 1987)
- Fellow, New College, Oxford (from 1953 to 1964)
- Prize Fellow, All Souls College (from 1946 to 1953)
- Lecturer, University College London (from 1945 to 1946)
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate, Christ Church, Oxford (from 1937 to 1945)
- Latin American politics
- (ed.) Spain: A History (New York: OUP, 2000)
- Visiones de fin de siglo (Taurus, 1999)
- (ed.) The Chances of Death: a Diary of the Spanish Civil War (Michael Russell, 1995)
- (ed.) The Spanish Civil War: A History in Pictures (Norton, 1986)
- Puerto Rico: A Colonial Experiment (Vintage Books, 1984)
- (with Sara Carr) Fox-Hunting (OUP, 1982)
Other professional memberships and roles
- Member, National Theatre Board (from 1968 to 1977)
- Chairman, Society for Latin American Studies (from 1966 to 1968)
- Corresponding Member, Royal Academy of History, Madrid
Research awards and grants
- Award of Merit, Soc. for Spanish Hist. Studies of the US (1987).
- Leimer Award for Spanish Studies, Univ. of Augsburg (1990).
- Prince of Asturias Award in Social Scis, Prince of Asturias Foundn (1999).
- Grand Cross of the Order of Alfonso el Sabio (Spain) (1983).
- Order of Infante Dom Henrique (Portugal) (1989).