Professor John Gardner
- Professor of Law and Philosophy (from 2016)
- Professor of Jurisprudence, University of Oxford (from 2000 to 2016)
- Reader in Legal Philosophy, King’s College London (from 1996 to 2000)
- Fellow and Tutor in Law, Brasenose College, Oxford (from 1991 to 1996)
- Prize Fellow, All Souls College, Oxford (from 1986 to 1991)
- The philosophy of private law, of criminal law, of public law, and of law in general, as well as nearby areas of moral philosophy, political philosophy, philosophical psychology, and the philosophy of action.