Dr Justine Firnhaber-Baker
- Fifty-Pound Fellow, All Souls College (from 2015)
- Quondam Fellow, All Souls College (from 2010 to 2015)
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, All Souls College (from 2007 to 2010)
- Postgraduate, Harvard University, USA (from 2000 to 2007)
- Undergraduate, Wellesley College, USA (from 1994 to 1998)
- Later medieval France
- Legal, political, and institutional history
- Lordship and power
- Women and gender in the Middle Ages
- (ed. with Meredith Cohen), Difference and Identity in Francia and Medieval France (Aldershot: Ashgate, forthcoming)
- ‘“Injurious to Our Lordship and Sovereignty”: Seigneurial War and Royal Power in thirteenth- and fourteenth-century France’, Past and Present; forthcoming
- ‘From God’s Peace to the King’s Order: Late Medieval Limitations on Non-Royal Warfare’, Essays in Medieval Studies, vol. 23 (2006), 19-30
- ‘The Fonds d’Armagnac: Some Archival Resources for the History of Languedocian Women’, Medieval Feminist Forum, No. 39 (2005), 22-9
Other professional memberships and roles
- American Historical Association
- Medieval Academy of America
- International Medieval Society - Paris
- Society for Medieval Feminist Scholarship
Research awards and grants
- Whiting Dissertation Completion Fellowship in the Humanities, Whiting Foundation (from 2006 to 2007).
- Bourse Chateaubriand, Government of France (from 2003 to 2004).
- Andrew W. Mellon Fellowship in Humanistic Studies, Woodrow Wilson Foundation (from 2000 to 2001).