Dr Chris Scambler
My work addresses a variety of topics in logic, metaphysics, and foundations of mathematics. My current focal project aims to show that broadly constructive ideas can be used to provide a fully rigorous and conceptually well-motivated foundation for contemporary mathematics; to argue that the resulting constructive foundations are as well-supported in mathematical practice as the more standard platonistic/Fregean alternatives; and to bring out the metaphysical and epistemological consequences of these results. In addition, I have ongoing research projects in modal set theory, and on the semantic paradoxes.
My personal website is https://cscambler.github.io
- Doctorate in Philosophy, New York University (2021)
- MRes in Philosophy, University of Birmingham (2015)
- MA in Philosophy, Birkbeck College, University of London (2014)
- BA in Art History, University College, University of London (2010)
- Foundations of Mathematics