Dr Jonathan Katz
Quondam Fellow since 2017
- University Public Orator (from October 2016)
- Two-Year Fellow, All Souls College (from 2014 to 2017)
- Supernumerary Fellow, St Anne’s College, Oxford (from 2013)
- Lecturer in Classics, Brasenose College, Oxford (from 2011)
- Lecturer in Classics and Sanskrit, St Anne’s College, Oxford (from 2010)
- Master of the Queen’s Scholars and Master in Classics, Modern Languages (German) and Philosophy (till 2003) and Head of Classics (from 2003), Westminster School (from 1987 to 2010)
- Visiting Fellow, All Souls College, Oxford (from 2004 to 2005)
- Visiting Fellow of the Humanities Council, Princeton University (1991)
- Consultant to the Oriental Department, Bodleian Library (from 1987 to 2003)
- Junior Research Fellow and Research Fellow (from 1987), Wolfson College (from 1985 to 2010)
- Head of the Indian Institute Library and Senior Assistant Librarian, Bodleian Library (from 1977 to 1987)
- Assistant Master in Classics and German, Westminster School (from 1975 to 1977)
- South Asian music and musicology
- Comparative study of musical cognition
- Latin, Greek, and Sanskrit language and literature
- ‘South Indian Music’, in Classical Music Systems, ed. Michael Church (Woodbridge: Boydell and Brewer, forthcoming, 2014/2015).
- ‘Rāgas, Mood and Representation’, in The Routledge Companion to Music and Visual Culture, eds. T. Shephard and A. Leonard London (London: Routledge, 2014).
- (trans.), Hotel Savoy, by Joseph Roth (London: Hesperus Press, 2013).
- ‘Early Latin Literature’, ‘Roman Drama’, ‘Early Greek Philosophy’, and ‘Philosophical Writing’, in Classical Literature: an Introduction, ed. N. Croally and R. Hyde (London: Routledge, 2010).
- (trans.), ‘Who is the Traitor’ and ‘Not Too Far’ – two stories in ‘The Madwoman on a Pilgrimage’, by J.W. von Goethe [from Wilhelm Meisters Wanderjahre] (London: Hesperus Press, 2010).
- Council Member, The Hellenic Society (from 2010)
- Governor, The West London Free School (from 2010)
- Governor, The Music Therapy Charity (Head of the Research Funding Committee) (from 2008 to 2014)
- Council Member, South Asian Society (1998–2002)