Revd Dr Michael Screech
BA, DLitt, FBA, FRSL
2 May 1926 - 1 June 2018
- Emeritus Fellow, All Souls College (from 2003 to 2018)
- Chaplain and Fellow, All Souls College (from 2001 to 2003)
- Extraordinary Fellow, Wolfson College, Oxford (from 1993 to 2001)
- Senior Research Fellow, All Souls College (from 1984 to 1993)
- Fielden Professor of French Language and Literature, University College London (from 1971 to 1984)
- Reader (to 1966) then Professor of French, University College London (from 1961 to 1971)
- Lecturer, then Senior Lecturer, University of Birmingham (from 1951 to 1961)
- Undergraduate, then Assistant, University College London (from 1947 to 1951)
- Military Service (from 1944 to 1947)
- (ed. and trans.) Rabelais, Gargantua and Pantagruel (Harmondsworth: Penguin Books, 2006).
- Laughter at the Foot of the Cross (London: Allen Lane, 1997).
- Montaigne’s Annotated Copy of Lucretius: A Transcription and Study of the Manuscript, Notes and Pen-Marks (Geneva: Librairie Droz, 1998).
- (with Francis Hutchinson) Monumental Inscriptions in All Souls College, Oxford (Oxford: All Souls College, 1997).
- Clément Marot: a Renaissance Poet discovers the Gospel (Leiden: E.J. Brill, 1994).
- (ed. M. Heath) Some Renaissance Studies: Selected Articles, 1951-1991 (Geneva: Libraire Droz, 1992).