Examination Fellow Cl 2(i) since 2016
I am currently looking at ‘women beyond wifehood’ in classical Athens, exploring women’s interpersonal relationships and social networks. I have previously looked at how textiles in the Homeric epics memorialise the labour and identity of women who are excluded from dominant narratives and memorialising processes.
- Undergraduate, Corpus Christi College, Oxford (from 2012 to 2016)
- Women’s interpersonal relationships and social networks in classical Athens
- Women between and beyond marriage in classical Athens
- Social history from Attic oratory
- Concepts of matrilineage (inheritance of property, names &c. from mothers) in ancient Greece
- Women in early Greek hexameter poetry
- Textiles in ancient Greek literature and culture
- Early Christian receptions of Homer
Teaching and supervision
- Reading classes in Thucydides, Herodotus, and Sophocles.