My current research interests lie in specific forms of nationalism that evolved in Republican China (of the 1920s), particularly in the political and economic context of the post-Versailles world. I seek to describe how individuals made claims concerning China on the global stage – in terms of racial, legal and economic equality – and how these arguments were received.
- Postgraduate, Hertford College, Oxford (from 2018 to 2019)
- Undergraduate, University of Chicago (from 2015 to 2018)
- Undergraduate, Deep Springs College (from 2012 to 2014)
- Comparative colonialisms
- International and transnational organisations
- History of economic development
- Rhodes Scholarship (2018).