Examination Fellow since 2019
My current research interests lie in specific forms of nationalism that evolved in Republican China (of the 1920s), particularly in the political and economic context of the post-Versailles world. I seek to describe how individuals made claims concerning China on the global stage – in terms of racial, legal and economic equality – and how these arguments were received.
- Postgraduate, Hertford College, Oxford (from 2018 to 2019)
- Undergraduate, University of Chicago (from 2015 to 2018)
- Undergraduate, Deep Springs College (from 2012 to 2014)
- Comparative colonialisms
- International and transnational organisations
- History of economic development
- Rhodes Scholarship (2018).