As the College’s Estates Bursar, I oversaw the management of its endowment, which is invested in both the financial and property markets. During my time at Oxford University, I have also been a member of the University’s investment committee, a trustee of the Rhodes Trust, where I chaired the investment committee, a trustee of The Oxford Literary and Debating Union Trust and chair of the Estates Bursars Committee.
Outside the University, I am a trustee and Honorary Treasurer of the International Institute of Strategic Studies and a member of its Council. I am also a Fellow of Eton College, and chair its investment and audit committees.
- Estates and Finance Bursar, and Official Fellow, All Souls College (from 1998 to 2021)
- Merrill Lynch And Co., latterly Managing Director in Asia Pacific Region (from 1982 to 1998)
- MBA, University of Chicago
- Yale-China Fellow, Hong Kong (Lecturer at Lingnan College)
- Undergraduate, Yale University
- Fellow, Eton College
- Trustee, Member of Council and Honorary Treasurer, The International Institute for Strategic Studies